MOSAIC Bring-a-Dish Farewell and Windrush 65th Anniversary Celebrations - JUNE 2013
Come and join our Bring-a-Dish farewell celebrations as we mark the 65th anniversary of the Windrush.
As members will know from their June newsletter, the Bring-a-Dish service is coming to an end. It is a sad farewell to a once key service so please help us to give it the send-off it deserves.
- Meet renowned Black historian, Arthur Torrington of the Windrush Foundation and listen to his unique insight into how these people arriving on the Windrush have become part of the fabric of the UK and how generations of migrants have influenced British culture and political life.
- Play games! Kids and grown-ups tackle the high seas as they make their way from Jamaica to England
- Make your own Windrush boat
- Listen to some of Jamaicaís best music, dance to a bit of Calypso and reggae and bid farewell to Bring-a-Dish
- Kids, donít forget itís Fatherís Day, too!
Find and Like us on Facebook for more news and updates